We prepare geotechnical / geo-environmental reports for use in the sale of land and property and are also able to assist potential purchasers by reviewing and assessing reports prepared by others, advising on risk and development potential.
We can assist clients to review the scope of Investigations required to develop a site to assess the ground conditions and determine the Geo-technical and Geo-environmental considerations.
A well-considered and defined scope around the proposed investigations, considering historic site uses and site geology should ensure an economic design.
Working closely with our Geotechnical specialists we provide innovative foundation solutions to maximise the site opportunites (e.g. traditional strip, raft, trench fill, piled reinforced concrete ground beam, ground improvement) to various structures from low-rise dwellings to multi-storey developments including deep basements and retaining structures.
Our team have extensive experience in providing engineering solutions for challenging sites including historic landfills, areas of high organic content, soft ground conditions, soils affected by trees and deep areas of fill etc.
Our team have also helped to deliver solutions where there is a requirement to build adjacent to railways, build over underground infrastructure including tube lines, road underpasses and adpoted trunk sewers.
Framed Buildings designed using market leading FE design suite
Planning procedures now require Flood Risk Assessment Reports to support new applications, BDC consult with the Environment Agency and Water Authorities and establish site specific criteria to develop hydraulic flow models.
• Flow assessment
• Flood contours
• Identification of design criteria
• Impact of storm events
• EA and WA consultation
• SW attenuation
• Specialist ground treatment systems and capacities
• ‘SUDS’ options
BDC has wide experience in specialist projects of all sizes from drainage area studies, schemes for large and small sites, flow attenuation and storage systems, pumping stations, treatment plants, * flood risk.
• Surface water drainage
• Foul drainage
• Flow attenuation/balancing
• iSuDs’ schemes
• Water Authority negotiations
• Treatment works
Through our experience of working with developers, planners, and highway authorities we develop bespoke solutions to site specific criteria for private and adoptable highway works.
• Highway layouts
• Horizontal and vertical alignment
• Pavement design
• Design for adoption
• Negotiations with highways authorities
• Estate design
Providing civil engineering consultancy services has never been more challenging, requiring an ability to balance often conflicting issues, whilst delivering sensible workable solutions.
Our teams deliver a wide range of services through the design development process include:
• Adoptable highway coordination and design
• Private highway and car park design
• Private development interfaces with adoptable networks.
• Adoptable surface and foul water drainage system designs
• Private surface and foul water drainage system designs
• Water treatment systems design and specification
• Pump station design and specification
• Flood Risk Assessments
• Hydraulic analysis and climate change profiling of development networks.
• Fully integrated Sustainable Urban Drainage systems (SUDs) designs and appraisals
• Civil Engineering auditing and technical reviews
• Infrastructure Inspections & Remediation Assessments
• Statutory Authority Coordination and Approval delivery
This we do by working in a pro-active manner with the design team to produce creative and inspired engineering solutions which respond to the projects constraints including technical, economic and environmental considerations.
Our team have a wide range of expertise to help our clients with complicated developments adjacent to or in the vicinity of sensitive 3rd party infrastructure. These include existing Highways Structures such as retaining walls and underpasses, trunk sewers, Network Rail and London Underground infrastructure.
Our team can assist with resolving and obtaining consents for:-
• Approval In Principle for Highways Structures
• Build over consent for Utilities infrastructure
• Party wall approvals
• Impact Assessments for building over or adjacent to Third Party assets
Our Engineers can offer design services to assist with temporary works design and inspections.
Our Engineers have extensive experience of delivering innovative design solutions to complicated inner city developments involving deep basements with considerations such as:-
• Party Wall awards
• Temporary Works
• Secant/Contiguous/Sheet piling solutions
• Tanked/Waterproof Concrete/drained cavity construction etc.